Benefits for guests who book on our website
Lowest rate guarantee and price match
Steps to obtain price match:
- Book your room with us on our website www.vrhotels.co.nz
- If you find an online rate lower than our confirmed rate within 24 hours of booking, and the below terms and conditions apply please email [email protected] with the below completed fields:
- VR Hotels & Resorts property name
- Booking confirmation number, name, email and phone number
- Website address where you found the lower price and date found
- Lower price, currency and the stay dates for which this applies
- Once our team at VR Hotels & Resorts has verified your email above, we will be in touch with confirmation of price match
Terms & Conditions
- The price from the other internet source must be a publicly available rate.
- The competitor’s nightly rate must be displaying a room-only rate, viewable, and immediately bookable with instant confirmation for the same (not similar) property, and for the same room type, same stay dates, same length of stay, same number of guests, and same deposit/cancellation policy.
- This price match guarantee applies to only nightly room rates excluding other charges such as airport transfers, breakfast, or other services and/or packages added on.
- Rate comparison will be made net of any taxes or any other fees associated with the room rate, the competitor’s rate must still be available at the time VR Hotels and Resorts verifies the claim. Rate disparities due to fluctuations and/or in currency exchange rates are excluded from this guarantee.
- In the event of a multiple night stay, the lowest rate guarantee will compare the room-only rate for each night of the stay as booked on vrhotels.co.nz with the room-only rate for each night of the stay at competitor’s property.
- This policy does not apply to the following:
- Rates that are not publicly available, for example corporate, groups or industry rates
- Negotiated for stays extending beyond 14 nights.
- Rates that are available on auction websites that do not disclose hotel name until the reservation is completed.
- Rates that are lower than direct rates due to the application of a cashback or discount applied by the competing website directly.
- Email to [email protected] should be sent within 24 hours of booking and at least 24 hours prior to your check-in date.
- VR Hotels reservation confirmation number is required when making contact via email.
- VR Hotels and Resorts has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim. In case of dispute, VR Hotels and Resorts decision is final.
Discount starting from 10% on member sign up
- This offer is separate from the lowest rate guarantee and price match offer above and is only available once you sign up or sign in into our member section on our booking page
- This offer will not entitle you with an additional discount over and above the lowest rate guarantee offer above
Amending or cancelling booking
- Non-refundable rate plans will continue to be charged the full accommodation cost within 24-hours of booking being made. as per standard policy. No changes or modifications will be
accepted on these rate plans.
- Cancellations or modifications on Flexible Rate plans must be received by 24 hours prior to check-in time in order to avoid any administration/service charges. Cancellations or modifications received after this time will incur an administration/service charge equivalent to one night’s accommodation cost per room booked.
Room upgrades, early check-in and late check-out
- This offer is subject to availability of our rooms.
All credit / debit card payments made to VR Group via credit card will incur a 2.5% non-refundable credit card service fee.
In the event that a refund is required, this will be processed by VR Group in 5 business days and may also be subject to processing times by your bank. There may be events outside of our control which affect giving a partial or full refund. VR Group will advise you if this is the case.
Maps and Images
Maps and images, if shown, are for general information and may not necessarily reflect actual routings, locations or services provided.
Destination shots may have been supplied to VR Group by third parties and VR Group does not guarantee the accuracy of any destination shots.
Photos are indicative and are to be used as a guide only. Your room allocated may not be an exact reproduction of the room advertised.
Rooms in any given property may offer a different view, layout or inclusions depending on the location of the room in the building. Some apartments are independently furnished and may not reflect the same theme and level as the indicative photos. VR Group cannot practically show each room’s photos
No Party Policy
VR Group encourages bookings for travel, business and relaxation purposes. VR Group has a strict no party policy and on booking you agree to use the premises in a proper manner. In the event that any apartment/guest is identified as having a party, the hotel reserves the right to immediately request all occupants of the room, and including, the guest who has registered for the booking to vacate the premises. In the event that an eviction does occur, the accommodation is non-refundable. In addition, the registered guests will be required to settle the account prior to departure for any expense resulting from additional cleaning of the apartment, replacement of any furniture/fixture/fitting breakage, as well as for any required repairs.
If a call out of security guard is required or in an event of fire evacuation / fire services, charges would be payable by the individual who had made the booking and/or by the main guest staying in the room
House rules to be observed and quite hours to be respected. Non-adherence may result in charged eviction.
VR Group strongly recommends that at the time of booking you purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover items including but not limited to: loss of booking amount through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses.
VR Group Gift Cards may only be used to pay for the accommodation portion of a booking and may not be used for non-accommodation items such as restaurants, car parking, transfers, laundry, telephone, spa services, tours or taxes not included in accommodation rates.
- VR Group Gift Cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
- VR Group Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from the date of issue or, if date specific – the date that is indicated on the gift card.
- Additional values cannot be added to an existing VR Group Gift Card; however, additional VR Group Gift Cards can be purchased.
- A 2% surcharge will apply if VR Group Gift Cards are purchased using a credit or debit card.
- VR Group Gift Cards are to be treated like cash and if they are defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen they will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
- VR Group does not accept any responsibility for lost or stolen VR Group Gift Cards.
- bookings to be fully or partially paid for using the VR Group Gift Card must be made by calling the relevant New Zealand Participating Property directly; and
- bookings cannot be made by calling VR Group Central Reservations.
All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian or other adult who has parental rights and responsibilities for the under 18 year old guest.
- No children under the age of 14 can be left alone or unattended on a VR Hotel property under New Zealand Law. Parental guardians will be responsible for administrating this. If guests need baby-sitting services, VR Hotels can arrange this service at a fee to the guest. Please contact the participating hotel directly to arrange.
- If a guest is found to be a person under the age of 18 who is not accompanied by a responsible adult VR Group may immediately cancel the guest’s booking and the full booking amount will be forfeited to VR Group under this clause.
Third Party Products and Services
VR Group sometimes includes third party products or services in special packages and VR Group is not liable under any circumstances for any failure by third party providers to provide products or services, nor for any error, alteration or change of any kind made by those third party providers following acceptance of a booking by them.
- All third party coupons, vouchers, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by those third parties.
- VR Group does not warrant the accuracy of any information, statements or representations made by third parties
- VR Group is not liable for any act, omission, default or negligence of any third party provider.
Release and Indemnity
To the extent permitted by the law, you agree to release and hold harmless, VR Group and its current and former officers, employees and agents against and from all expenses, costs, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgments and losses of any kind whatsoever (including consequential and economic losses, property loss/damage and damages for injury, including personal injury and death) arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your booking or your stay at the relevant Participating Property even if caused or contributed to by VR Group’s negligence, breach of duty or otherwise.
- You agree to indemnify VR Group and its current and former officers, employees and agents for all expenses, costs, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgments and losses of any kind whatsoever (including consequential and economic losses, property loss/damage and damages for injury, including personal injury and death) incurred or suffered by VR Group or its current or formers officers, employees or agents arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your booking or stay at the relevant Participating Property except to the extent caused or contributed to by VR Group’s or its current or former officer’s, employee’s or agent’s negligence.
Events Beyond Control
VR Group is not responsible for any loss arising out of any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
- All travel documents, observance of laws and government regulations are your responsibility.
Use of Information
You consent and authorise VR Group and the relevant Participating Property to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of administering your booking and providing you with any services associated with your booking.
- You consent to information which you have provided to VR Group or the relevant Participating Property as part of your booking being used by VR Group, the relevant Participating Property or any of their related bodies corporate for the purpose of informing you about offers and promotions which relate VR Group, VR Group’s related bodies corporate or Participating Properties.
- VR Group will not provide or disclose any information you have provided to VR Group or the relevant Participating Property to any person other than a related body corporate without your prior written consent.
- Upon request by you and to the extent permitted or required by law, VR Group will provide you with access to and/or the ability to correct your personal information however only the person who made the booking will be entitled to access and/or correct personal information pertaining to that booking.
- Please note that by providing your email address you are subscribing to our Monthly Specials Newsletter. If you wish to opt out, please contact the hotel directly or email our Marketing Department.
Rights of entry are reserved.
The individual who makes the booking agrees to all above terms and conditions as part of their booking and stay and consents to abide.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.